Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Artist's Note

I was born in Jakarta, brought up in a plain, nondescript family amidst many others who struggled to survive in a large urbanized city. The glaring societal imbalance and chaos remains a prominent problem today and I feel strongly for the common people who are disadvantaged and suffer the most. I empathized with them hence I paint to express my take on this plight as a social commentary. In Labyrinth for instance, it implies how simple people are trapped by rapid and complicated changes in urban society, the inability to extricate themselves from the maze signifying how they cannot liberate themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Dear blog holders, I would like to know if this blog is from true accounts of Dede and in his words, or if this is an imagination of what it would be to think like Dede. thank you!

    ReplyDelete