Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reply to Andy Warhol

dede, what were your thoughts behind the colour palette for this painting?
I would like to address this question by Mr. Warhol on my post "Photorealism just doesn't cut it for me".

Similar to many of my other paintings, "Send in the Clowns" is painted with lots of red for the simple reason that it gives a sense of desolation, thus reflecting the plight of the poor living in the city. I think that the use of colours is an important part of my work as it helps in conveying the emotion that I want people to feel.

I hope that answered your question Mr. Warhol, and thank you for your comment.

1 comment:

  1. I was just curious if there was a reason of the green colour used for the cardboard and clown's skin colour in 'clown'and 'strowberry' Why such a bright unnatural colour? (I hope i named the paintings correctly)

    ReplyDelete